The Accounting Place is Hiring
Employment Opportunities with The Accounting Place
We are The Accounting Place, and for 23 years, our team of tax professionals has been improving the financial outlook and personal wealth of clients across Canada and beyond. We take great pride in providing smart and comprehensive tax and financial solutions, unique to every client. And we are always interested in talking to individuals about long-term careers in taxation we can add to our team of specialists.
Working at The Accounting Place
We are a well-oiled machine; each member of our team is given autonomy to create a positive change in the business. We believe in long-term financial planning, consistent analysis, and in creating sound financial processes. We are a close-knit team connected by our desire to please our clients.
The most qualified people for this role are:
- Versatile – you are capable of managing multiple competing priorities, and comfortable switching between tasks throughout the day.
- Independent – you strive to solve each problem that arises without instruction or direction.
- Client-focused – your clients are your highest priority. You ensure their needs are taken care of in an efficient, friendly, and timely manner.
- Good communicator – you achieve clarity in written and verbal communication.
- Creative – you find innovative and progressive solutions to any problem you face.
If you are ready to join a team of passionate individuals committed to providing exceptional service, we’d love to hear from you!
Positions Currently Available
Tax Practitioner - Corporate & Personal
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary plus team bonuses. We also offer an extensive benefits plan. In general, you will work Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Who You Are
As our new Tax Accountant, your primary focus is to prepare corporate tax returns and related Notice to Reader financial statements for clients involved in a broad range of industries. In addition, full knowledge of personal taxation for T1 preparation and planning is required.
You will bring professionalism and practical solutions to any finance problem facing our clients. Our clients will appreciate your diverse business knowledge as you help guide their small-medium businesses to make the right decisions, for their best tax outcomes.
You will manage multiple accounts, so your time management will be key to ensure all your clients receive the best service. Your adaptability allows you to adjust to various situations to provide the best service to our customers.
- Experience (Minimum of 2 years) in corporate tax and personal tax services
- Experience (Minimum of 2 years) with compilation engagements
- Experience (Minimum of 2 years) in a bookkeeping role
- Experiential knowledge of CaseWare Working Papers software
- Experiential knowledge of QuickBooks software
- Familiarity with Income Tax Act and CRA regulations
How to Apply
Please send your full resume, along with any additional information you feel will be helpful to us using this link. Please note that only those selected for interviews will receive responses.