- The Accounting Place will, on request from you, initiate a secure file transfer link (which will be forwarded to you by e-mail) and allows you to upload documentation and files directly to secure servers and attach them to your specific file.
- The system will be password protected and uses Canadian based servers.
- The documentation will be automatically deleted from the transfer servers after 5 days and the link will terminate. Longer time periods for automatic deactivation may apply in certain circumstances.
- You will be able to upload ALL your documentation at once, removing the need for multiple transmissions.
Personal Income Tax Information needs to be submitted in a PDF format. If you received your slips and information electronically, in all likelihood it’s already a PDF format and ready to send to us. If your information slips are paper, (not electronically received) there are two options for you to convert them to a PDF format.
- If you have, or have access to a scanner, the documents may be scanned to a PDF format using the scanner. Note that this method includes medical expenses and any other type of tax information. They will then be ready to send to us through your personal secure server link to our office.
- If you need to take a picture of your tax information (including medical etc.) using your cell phone, this can also be completed easily. Depending on whether your cell phone is an Android phone of an iPhone instructions vary slightly.